Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Jehovah Jireh! The Lord Provides!

Today I slept in until 9:30, and now it's about 11:30 and I'm sitting in my room having just uploaded a bunch of pictures to Facebook.  Normally this what a Saturday morning would look like.  This is also what a snow day looks like.

Today I had a paper due, and I had writer's block and failed to choose a topic until about 4:30 yesterday, a half hour before the library closed early for an ice storm.  Today I had a listening quiz, and because I have the wrong edition of the textbook, I wasn't sure what songs to study until Monday afternoon. Today is Wednesday, which means that I have class at 8, then class straight from 10 to 5 with no time for lunch, which also means I lose out on practice time at 9 because I need to go to Chuck's and pack a lunch.  And yesterday night, sitting in the Hive trying to get some work done, I was wondering how today was going to work.

But Jehovah jireh!  More than an inside joke from camp last summer, my Lord did provide for me today.  Last night I was so excited to get THE CALL that every Cedarville student was waiting for last night: all classes are canceled Wednesday, February 2nd.  How relieving to know that I have an entire day to catch up on practicing, to finish this paper, to study for our postponed listening quiz, to read my Bible, and maybe even to do some pleasure reading or watch Inception with my roomie.  How relieving to know that I can eat a real lunch today, catch up on sleep, and enjoy a Tuesday evening yesterday with some friends drinking Chai and watching Leverage. How amazing to know that God heard my cry, that He provided a day of rest and catch-up for me when I wasn't sure if I would make it.

What makes this blessing even more wonderful is that starting tomorrow, most of my free time goes away.  My HeartSong team is leaving campus at 1pm tomorrow to go to the studio to record, and we probably won't be back until around 1am.  Then, after a Friday morning of classes, we leave again at noon for a weekend of tour (but we'll be back on Sunday in time for the Super Bowl, which Tommy is particularly excited about).  What a blessing to have a snow day the day before another crazy weekend begins!  I am in awe of the way my God provides for me.

Speaking of recording, and to change the subject, I am super excited to be able to record one of my favorite songs for the HeartSong album.  It's called "Better Than," and Rachel Lee wrote it a couple years ago and has been performing it with her acoustic when we've been out on tour.  Last Thursday, our team took 2 1/2 hours of rehearsal to write a band arrangement of it. After some frustration with trying to find the right chords (whoever wrote the chord chart was way off) and writing, rewriting, trying, retrying, retrying-again-because-someone-did-it-wrong, "I don't like that," "We could try that" (with-a-skeptical-attitude), "That sounds AWESOME," and finally a "Let's-try-it-one-more-time-to-make-sure-we-got-it,"  we once again recreated an entire song and made it our own.  "Better Than," along with "Rise and Sing," are the two songs our team will be recording (I say that because I know certain people like my mom would want to know which songs I play on).

It looks like today's blog will be a relatively short one; it's about time for me to get going on this paper.  I am so thankful for all the ways my God has provided for me this year, and I'm really excited to watch Him work again and again throughout this year.  Until next week!

Jehovah jireh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment